Hispanic single mothers often require educational assistance to pursue their higher educational dreams and make a mark in their career. They belong to the minority group and hence are mostly neglected and under-represented. To extend support the government, organizations, states, colleges and universities offer scholarships and educational grants for Hispanic single mothers and other students to help them accomplish their educational pursuits.
HCF is a nonprofit organization involved in granting scholarships and funds to Hispanic Americans for pursuing higher degrees. The organization is based in Washington D.C. and seeks to boost the future generation high school and college students to learn and become successful professionals. Following are some essential points:
• HCF offers scholarship amount up to $2 million
• A science grant program, NASA Motivating Undergraduates program, in collaboration with NASA is also administered for students
• Elected students for the NASA program receive grant amount worth 10K and partake in space program internships
Hispanic students residing in Florida are entitled to the Jose Marti Scholarship Challenge Grant Fund. It is a need-based grant that financially supports the higher educational costs of the Florida Hispanic students. A grant amount of $2,000 is awarded to students who are either undergraduates or graduates enrolled in recognized institutions for twelve credit hours and nine credit hours respectively. Certain important points to remember are:
• Applicant must be legal US resident and should stay in Florida
• Students must have a grade point average between 3.0 and 4.0 bracket
• Must display serious financial need
• Cannot be in default of another loan, scholarship or grant
• Need to fill the FAFSA form
New Mexico Hispanic Women’s Council
Established in 2007, the Hispanic Women’s Scholarship Program provides scholarships to Hispanic women. Those undergraduates and graduates residing in New Mexico and struggling to complete their higher degrees, study programs and licenses are given financial help by this scholarship program. Students can receive scholarships on the basis of their educational potentials, reference letters, and the applicant’s personal statements. The basic goal is to educate more and more Hispanic women, help them move ahead in their professional careers and help them become valuable leaders.
The Gates Millennium Scholars Program
The funding program was started by Bill and Melinda Gates in 1999 to provide scholarships to African American, American Indian, Hispanics and Asian Pacific Islander students to promote educational opportunity and excellence for minority students having the financial crisis. Students availing the funding must:
• Have average grade point of 3.3 on 4.0 scale
• Have leadership skills
• Have serious financial need
• Intend to get degrees in public health, library science, mathematics, education, science or engineering
Colleges or institutes that are specifically for the Hispanic students get grants from the federal government. These Hispanic-serving colleges have minimum one quarter Hispanic students and are mostly located in Texas, New Jersey, Texas, New York, Florida and Puerto Rico. Apply soon for your educational grants for Hispanics.
Tags- grants for single moms, college grants for single moms, education grants, grants for bills, school grants, scholarships for single moms.