Get Your Single Mother Scholarships And Pursue Your Educational Dreams To Make It Big In Life
Pursuing higher degrees is an expensive affair hence every year several disadvantaged students drop out of college. Single mothers are the sole bread earners, hence managing the huge educational or college expenses become impossible.
Scholarships are awarded every year to deserving students to help move ahead in life, be independent and secure stable jobs. Scholarships help mitigate all economic barriers, facilitating single mothers to pursue their educational dreams.
Women’s Independence Scholarship Program (WISP): women who are victims of domestic violence can get the post-secondary education for a better and refined life with financial stability. The grants, initiated in 1999, are available for part-time and full-time students enrolled in recognized programs in state authorized colleges, community colleges, universities, private universities or colleges, technical schools and for-profit schools. Important criteria for the grant program are:
• Can apply if survived domestic violence and separated from partner for a year
• Has sought help from non-profits or associations for at least 6 consecutive months
• Can complete an academic program
EFWA Scholarships for Single Parent: single mothers who are pursuing accounting degrees can avail grants from the Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting awards. Grant amount of $1,000 is offered for Bachelors degree. Essential points to note are:
• Women at postgraduate, graduate and undergraduate level can apply
• Can apply for more than one scholarship excepting Women in Need & Women in Transition scholarships.
• There are different criteria for each scholarship
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
The HSF is one of the most renowned nonprofit organizations that support the college educational expenses of the Hispanic students. Single mothers belonging to the Hispanic community can avail the HSF that raises funds for the undereducated Hispanic groups. It provides a range of grants and scholarships for the Latino students. Important points to note are:
• Should be of Hispanic origin
• High school students should have minimum of 3.0 GPA
• Graduate and college students should have minimum of 2.5 GPA
• Should complete the FAFSA or the state application for financial aid
• Must be permanent legal resident or a U.S. citizen
• Have to be enrolled in a 4 year accredited graduate school or university (not for profit) on a full-time basis during the Fall
Patsy Takemoto Mink Foundation Scholarship
This organization, initiated in 2003, offers Education Support Awards to help mothers pursue their educational dreams. An amount of $5000 is offered in two payments (one per semester) that can be used for expenses like paying for fees and books. The eligibility criteria for the scholarship are:
• Must be a woman of at least 17 years old
• Must be a mother with one dependent child
• Must have low-income earnings set as per family size like $20,000 for two members in a family, $24,000 for three and $28,000 for a four.
• Must be enrolled in a recognized study program or institute for the academic year. It can be a Doctoral, master, bachelor, associate or vocational degree program
Apply soon for your scholarship programs and pursue your dreams of an independent and self-sufficient life.
Related Keywords- grants and scholarships,single mothers,college grants,Hispanic scholarships,pay college expenses,free money for college, single parent,Obama money.