Apply Free Grants for Single Mothers in Connecticut-Assistance For Moms
Single mothers need to bear the burden of the whole family, paying and fulfilling all responsibilities with the insufficient income she earns. Often this leads to dearth of money that makes it difficult to even adequately furnish all the basic necessities of life and remain ‘afloat.’
With the endeavor to offer a better life, Connecticut offers grants, financial assistance, and welfare programs to mothers that meets the expenses, provides subsidized services and reduces the hurdles. The grants address the specific needs that families require the most.
List of Grants in Connecticut for Single Mothers
Health Care Assistance Grants For Single Moms
You need health and medical care for your children and yourself but paying for the exorbitant bills or paying for the premiums in case of insurance can be daunting, particularly with insufficient income. Connecticut grants medical care assistance programs that cover the costs and also offer free health care benefits to eligible mothers and children.
• The Healthcare for Uninsured Kids and Youth (HUSKY) is for children under 19 years and in certain cases caregivers or parents. The HUSKY plan has 4 types--- HUSKY A — D
• Medicaid program for disabled persons, visually impaired, pregnant women and children
• Connecticut Medical Assistance program
Housing Assistance Grants For Single Moms
The need for a well protected and reasonably priced home is a prime necessity for all families but for single mothers with constrained income and meager savings, it is a distant dream. Even affording the highly priced rent of the rental apartments is a challenge for moms. Connecticut offers varied housing grant programs for single mothers to provide affordable houses, meet rental expenses and offer subsidized apartments.
• Rental Assistance Program for very-low-income families with not more than 50% of the median income of a metropolitan or county area
• Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program
• Security Deposit Guaranteed Program
• Connecticut Housing Finance Authority (CHFA)
• Energy Assistance Program to offset winter heating costs
Day Care Assistance Grants For Single Moms
Single mothers often need to leave home to attend work or get enrolled in colleges for higher degrees for better jobs. So, the need for child care centers to keep the kids safe is a necessity but affording the high expenses at the end of every month can be intimidating. Connecticut hence offers day care grants that cover the costs, making it affordable.
• Care 4 Kids, funded by the Department of Social Services, is a subsidy program that offers child care costs. Applicants need to pay a portion of the cost known as Family Fee. Subsidized amount given depends on family size and income
Affording college education is a challenge for single mothers with financial crisis, but higher educational qualification can help in fetching better jobs and financial stability. Connecticut provides scholarships and grant programs to help mothers enroll in universities and community colleges. Fill the FAFSA form and start applying for grants like:
• Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
• Pell Grant
• The Governor’s Scholarship Program for in-state private and public institution undergraduates that awards $3,000 to eligible students per academic year
Connecticut offers some more grants programs like Temporary Family Assistance (TFA) to fulfill basic necessities, Temporary Cash Assistance for Needy Families, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Special Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC), Unemployment Insurance-a financial aid for unemployed workers and others. Select and apply for your required grants to avail cash assistance for your needs.
Visit - http://grantsfor-singlemoms.blogspot.com/
See More - grants for single mothers,scholarships for single mothers in michigan,financial hardship grants for single mothers,government daycare assistance for single moms,single mom grants,grants for single moms,single mother grants,free grants for single moms,single mom grant,financial help for single mothers,online degree programs for single moms,obama single mother grant,government grants for single mothers,obama grants for single moms,grants for mothers,obama school grants for single mothers,grants for single parents,habitat for humanity cars for single moms,grants for single moms to buy a car,hardship grants for single mothers,obama single mom grants,title 20 tampa fl,college grants for single moms,scholarships for single mothers in texas,emergency housing assistance for single mothers,online degree for single moms,obama scholarships for single mothers,emergency housing for single mothers,housing grants for single mothers,scholarships for single mothers in florida.